View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #96
racecougar

Re: Bringing the '65 back to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
For your truck specifically I cannot say sir.
My 66 however has it.
The wiper fluid pump is integrated with the wiper motor, although the fluid resevour was mounted next to the radiator on the d-side of the engine compartment. Right next to the voltage regulator (of all smart things....)

I posted because I really liked your mapping all this out, I would have found it very useful about 8 months ago for my build.
I flipped through a bunch of the pictures I took before disassembly and did a little digging here on the forums to confirm that this truck definitely didn't have the windshield washer option. It didn't have the button on the windshield wiper knob, and there are no signs of a reservoir bracket, lines, nozzles, etc. I guess if you didn't have seatbelts, sat in front of a steel dash with a solid steering column, operating drum brakes with a single reservoir master cylinder, you didn't need to see where you were going.

I did find a great diagram of the optional system though:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=560357

I'm sure we'll eventually install a washer fluid setup, but I really doubt that it will be a factory setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
I really like the two-tone colors you are putting together...
Yep, just trying to decide what color we like. I'm pretty set on the silver on the right side of the second picture, but it isn't entirely my call to make.