View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #13
HotRodYJ

Re: Cross Member Drop?

This is my first test fit of the motor using 100% factory motor mounts and in the factory location on the crossmember. Since the crossmember was raised 5" the motor is exactly 5" higher than stock. It actually fits REALLY REALLY well. The Camaro headers I'm using just touch's the firewall on the passenger side, there is perfect clearance above the rack and for steering shaft, and it looks like hood clearance will be no problem at all. Obviusly the tunnel will have to be cut and raised to fit the transmission and you may notice the distributor cap wont actually fit because of the recess in the firewall and the dist being so close near the top. I could notch the firewall for the distributorbut I took some measurements and it looks like if I move the motor 2" forward, everything will clear including the distributor (still have to cut the tunnel no matter what). Notice the passenger side valve cover at the firewall, there is a factory recess here as if it was ment to be.

I'll build dome new crossmember side mount plates to move the motor forward a tad and see if that wont remedy the distributor clearance.

HotRodYJ is offline   Reply With Quote