View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

what a pain in the butt, gas lines and aux tank

I had a gas leak coming from my tank selector the old long horn has the original (from what I can tell) flue lines going to the aux gas tank. All other flue lines have been replaced.

They are still in fair shape so I just clipped the split end and tightened it on the tank selector. That was easy I thought, making a mental not to replace those lines when I replace the wood floor.

I started the truck and flipped the switch for the aux tank, then I did the on hand on the wheel lean out the door and look under trick... no leak! Great! Then I smelled gas.....great.

I had gas running down the side of the aux tank. The other end of the gas line must have spit at the tank end. so, after a curse or two, I tried to get to the connector....no freakin way. It looks like there is only 2 ways to get to them. Take the bed loose, or off ... or take the wood floor out. What a pain.

I started taking the bed bolts off on the one side in hopes that I could raise the one side 4 inch or so. But now the bed blots are fighting. so. Screw it ill try again tomorrow. I have learned not to force things when IM pissed..lol.
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote