View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
cetacean6

Location: I live in Honolulu but my truck is being restored by 4-5-6 Trucks in Kansas City
Re: Crewsin in my 63 GMC Crew Cab

Thanks! I've asked for pictures of the pillars. If they are trashed I may have to think about letting this one go.
Here are my biggest concerns. it doesn't look like the doors are closed all the way on the bottom. The drivers side bottom backdoor hinge has dented both the front and back doors. If I have to get new doors in the back, I'm going to have to cut down regular doors and somehow install them. Apparently the windows have been leaking inside the cab for the last decade or so, and that has rusted the floor out.
Also, if you look at the picture of the rotted wood where you can see the tire through the bed, it looks like I'm going to have to get a whole new bed. The pine needles have rotted the sides of the bed out, the bed supports are trashed, and the area closest to the camera is nothing but rust and holes. I'm sure the frame underneath looks the same. So now I'm going to have to find a bed, cut it as short as this one, and then weld the front back on.
To me (and I'm definately not someone who works on body parts) it looks like everything from front to back needs to be replaced. Maybe the hood can be saved, I'll have to see.
Sorry, I'm just really frustrated right now. I've got $7,000 in this truck already, and I'm a little stressed out about the rust issue. Maybe (hopefully) I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm definately open to advise on where to go from here. The only thing I can think to do is buy a donor truck and go from there.
cetacean6 is offline   Reply With Quote