View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #12
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: I HATE Grackles - Just Ranting

Since this thread has meandered just a bit, I don't feel too bad about adding a couple slightly off-topic things.

Dave (Woodyboat) -- You mentioned diminished eyesight, have you been checked for cataracts? I was told for years that I had 'em, not bad but getting a bit worse each year. I knew my eyesight wasn't what it once was but I had no idea how bad they were until I had cataract surgery last fall. Amazing difference! I had needed glasses since about age 7 and got contacts at 19. Only thing I need now is readers for close-up. If you're on Medicare, they pay for most of it.

Also, since birds are more on-topic, I was taking the K20 to town a couple days ago to have a noisy A/C compressor looked at. Saw a dead deer on the shoulder of the opposite lane. Two vultures lifted off but there was something quite large standing on top of the deer. As I got closer and drove past, I saw it was a huge golden eagle. Beautiful bird, fantastic markings -- I had seen a few at a distance before but never so close. Impressive!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote