View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:23 PM   #216
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

its a chipboard headliner from bowtie bits. I use them on all these trucks, and the last 41 was a mother and a half. I knew what I was in for. in retrospect it might have been easier to start from the back, instead of the front. I will try it that way next time if hell ever freezes over or I have a big traumatic brain injury that makes me forget these trucks.

to install it you form it and then those strips with the shiny screws hold it. speaking of the shiny screws, half of my day today was taking out the rusty clutch head screws in all those strips. the process is: 1. try clutch head bit 2. strip clutch head in screw 3. grind slot in clutch head screw 4. try unsuccessfully 60% of the time to remove screw with flathead screwdriver. 5. carefully grind off clutch head screw head. 6. remove stub of screw shaft with vice grips. if it seems like its taking a long time, apply swearing liberally.

oh I got the windshield and regulator in. I should be able to button up the interior except the gauges tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote