View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
yoshi

Re: Camaro clip on 49

Passed on your comments, he says - Thank you for your time to write all that down. What you say is absolutely correct, the control arms are almost at max extension so loads of room to sit the truck lower but no higher. The ride quality is surprisingly good though. The clip has been welded in inline with the original chassis whereas I've now discovered they are normally welded to sit under the existing rails. This would give almost 4" higher ride with springs I've got now. With softer springs I'm guessing this would be around 2" higher which would certainly almost cure the steering lock/ground clearance issues. From investigation I can't see any difference with either cutting and welding it back below or just lifting the body 3" at front, 2" at cab rear then 1" for front of tub, keeping the rear of tub the same. If anything having the clip welded inline is a stronger connection. I know there's going to be a few new brackets for running boards etc to make up but that's no problem for me.
Thank you again for taking the time to find out and to write such a long explanation. I will keep updated. Cheers