View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:36 AM   #46
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Leaking near flywheel

I can't imagine machining work costing $2000 unless some extravagant/elaborate work was done. Engine machine work is going to vary a bit by location but I would guess for a I6 it shouldn't be more than $6-700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiss454 View Post
If I understand the stamping on the rear lower bearing, it is a Clevite 77 mfged in June 1974 and is .010 undersized, so someone reconditioned the engine in the mid 70s. I pulled a rod bearing and it was worn but not nearly as bad.

So what's my next move? Can I slap in some new bearings, button it up, and call it a day? I don't have a ton of money to put into things right now. A master kit for this engine isn't too expensive but I'm worried machining will cost be upwards of $2000, at least according to a friend who had his mustang engine machined (and not even bored).
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote