View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM   #17
Shelby0099

Re: Just bought this '67 lwb - sat on a farm most of it's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblues View Post
the white piece looks like another front panel for the bed.
extra parts is allways nice.

the rust on the back bottom of the cab is a real bugger but defintely fixable.

the dealer emblem is cool. you should do some checkin and see if they are still around. most dealer emblems got trashed over the years.

share your old school low cost tips on cleanin the frame up.
All I know is I don't have the tailgate with the 'Chevrolet' letters...sucks...I think that white panel is a stepside gate with no letters. I can get one with letters $250 repro...I saw orig on CL for $1200.00...lol.

Yes, when I first saw the back bottom I was quite dismayed...but yes fixable and will be fun. I'm looking at about $500-$700 in sheetmetal from LMC.

The Lafferty emblem, I do believe they are still in business in PA. I think Warminster... The guy I bought it from mentioned that they do look for these emblems. I may not use them. It would be fun to bring it back to them and share a story.

These aren't my tips, but from OldTimeGarage instead of using sand blasting first use engine gunk and pressure washer on frame then dry it well and then use oven cleaner and a pressure washer again, takes it right down to metal. Finish with Rustoleum semi gloss black with lacquer thinner for paint.
Shelby0099 is offline   Reply With Quote