View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #52
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

I don't have any cool pics to show, but the most important aspect to this build has been obtained...I got a JOB! I started at the first of the month, so everything is a "go" once again. I will be calling some concrete guys starting tomorrow for quotes to get the slab poured for my little shop. I told myself that I will not tear into the blazer any further until I have a proper place to work on it. The shop wont be anything special, 30x30 with one man door and one large overhead door. Plus it will have enough power for a welder, air compressor, and a plasma cutter

While I refuse to dismantel the Critter any further, that doens't mean I am against gathering some more parts in the meantime. I have been talking a lot with Jtrux (you think I would have learned my lesson by now ) and we have determined that I need to rethink my drivetrain. Previously, I rebuilt my th350 and resealed my NP205 and after driving them everything seamed fine. I had already planned to replace my 12 bolt with a 14 bolt so the only other question mark was the engine. Before I ripped out all the wiring, it ran fine. Started right up, didn't make any bad noises, and pushed the 35s down the road at 70 mph no problem, even with gears that are way to tall. However I had planned to rebuild it from the ground up. If I know myself I would end up spending WAY too much money as I would like to put some rolling parts in it along with aluminum heads etc.

So we thought for the same price I could get a complete 5.3L drive train and a 4L60E or 4L80E and possibly a NP241 (or try to adapt my original 205, not sure yet). I know it would take a lot to make it happen, but I am excited. Things might turn this direction. Wish me luck!

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote