View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #9
64jmb

Smile Re: 1966 C10 Factory in dash AC question

Thanks guys! Allot of great information. I am going to without no doubt keep it looking stock as you can see in the picture but modernize it. I have already put a brand new crate 350, and it has a all newly rebuilt turbo 350 trans motor mounts trans mounts all rebuilt power steering and gear box... all new HCI electronic ignition electric fans with relay with the large aluminum radiator 90 volt alternator and a completely new wiring harness and fuse box and list goes on and on and on .... she is a VERY rare truck for sure... she is a real custom cab short wide bed auto factory air V8 with all the goodies so I am keeping this truck and stock looking for the most part for sure! I drive it to quite a bit...and it is 115+ degrees here too to boot. So I could not ready drive it totally stock and not have some issues I guess with all the old stuff that was in there... I have been driving classic cars for 30 years.... I am the one who actually drives them and love every bit of the experience for sure! This is all great information.... I have kicked around rebuilding the system but when the wiring harness was in REAL bad shape before I did not do it... now that all that is all been replaced... That may be a option... Like LT1 I would want it taken out and COMPLETELY and clean and sanitize and rebuild everything... nothing spared on it for sure... 2 of the 3 knobs still pull out as well on the dash, they look really cool like the Impala knobs.... is there much wiring to the old systems? The harness like I mentioned is totally replaced... even pulled the dash cluster and went through that.... but I left the LOVLEY patina on the outside of the truck,... she took 50 years to get to look like this... So that is not changing...well please keep letting me know what you think I am planning on doing this before the nice toasty 115 degree weather coming this summer...
64jmb is offline   Reply With Quote