View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
Orangetonicclicc

Re: Reverse lights not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poway View Post
If you have the two wires (light green and dark green) you have half of the battle won. Those two wires have to be connected together via the backup light switch. Do the two wires have a socket connected to them? If not, you should be able to test the backup light function by connecting the two wires together and then turn your ignition key to the “on” position. Check to see if your backup light are on. If they are, all you have to do is install a switch by your shifter. If they are not on, check your backup light fuse on your fuse panel. If the fuse looks good, check the continuity of the fuse. I found out the hard way that even new fuses can be bad. What kind of shifter are you using? As I stated in a previous post, I’m using a Hurst Shifter and bought the backup light switch from them and it fits right up to the shifter. In my case, I had to clean all of the paint overspray from the backup light sockets that the previous owner neglected to mask off during a re-paint.
Oh and sorry no socket either my truck is still under constructions... I haven't even purchased my battery and I'm in the middle of wiring my ignition as we speak which is going to get even more complicated! Cause I going with a push button start. But I didn't think that would have any bearing on my reverse lights?
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote