View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 10:46 PM   #29
1968_K20_4x4

Re: Recommended Clutch Fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Update, and I'll keep it brief. There are three types of thermal fan clutches -- standard duty, heavy duty, and severe duty. Good explanations / illustrations here: http://www.haydenauto.com/featured%2...s/content.aspx

My K20 uses a heavy duty unit but I could not find one. Virtually all are standard duty, and a very few are severe duty. Went to my local NAPA and another customer overheard us and suggested looking up the part for a slightly newer K30. Bingo! NAPA p/n 271303, fan clutch #2747. Made by Four Seasons in Lewisville, Texas.

Tom, I have to pass on yours. It is a standard duty and not recommended for my K20.
Hello Stocker,

I have a question for you regarding your fan clutch. How did you determine that your K20 required a heavy duty unit, as opposed to the standard duty one?

I am looking to install a clutch fan set up in my '72 K20 as well, and all my research so far has pointed me to the Hayden 2705 fan clutch (Standard duty) as being correct for my truck. Did you go with the heavy duty unit because your truck is an A/C truck?
Mine has no A/C and manual transmission.

I am looking to use the 18 inch Derale 17118 fan as mentioned above, but I am not sure if I should go with the 2705 fan clutch or the Heavy duty 2747 as you are running. I am setting up my truck to haul a 22ft camper trailer on occasion.

Thanks for any input!

Ohh uh, I didn't have time to fix everything...
1968_K20_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote