View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
rusty_67

'Wintergreen' 1969 GMC Build

Hello Everyone,

My name is Russ and I've been a long time lurker here. I've been driving these trucks for a while now, but I am just getting into my first build now. This site has been a wealth of knowledge for me in getting prepared for this so it only makes sense to share it with everyone here.

First let me on the trucks (67-72) I've owned to date.

First there was this 1970 GMC:

Payed $2700 on ebay. It had a 283 and 2spd powerglide (not a numbers matching truck by any means). It ran and drove beautifully. I picked it up in Edmonton, AB not having ever seen it up close or even running. Ended up driving it 1300kms back to BC over winding mountain passes that very day. It performed wonderfully. It even looked pretty good (as you can see from the picture), but only from a distance. once you got up close you could see the signs of shoddy body work and obvious bondo rust repair. It had a solid frame though and really nice box. I ended up selling it recently for $1400 complete with a 68 chevy front clip.

The next one was a 1969 GMC:

It was a great truck. It had a souped up (bigger cam/carb/intake) 250 I6 mated to a T5 5spd from an 80's camaro. It made it pretty fun to drive for an I6. It also had a solid frame and a good box (there is a pattern here). I used it as my daily driver/(house)work truck for a while then regretfully sold it for about what I paid for it. Still not sure why I sold it. I have vehicular ADD I think. If we had to go through all the different vehicles I've owned... well lets just say it could be a thread all in itself.
rusty_67 is offline   Reply With Quote