View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
LEEVON

1969 long bed "Pappy"

I wasn't really looking for another project but I couldn't pass this up. It came from Arkansas and appears to be a legit 50,000 mile truck that has been off the road since 1992. It's straight and clean except quite a bit of rust in the passenger cowl/kick panel area which somebody crudely patched long ago. For now, I had to install a new radiator. The previous owner went through the brakes and did a valve cover gasket, belts and a tune-up. The 250/powerglide is not something you see too much anymore but I have no desire to change it. I have several other higher horsepower V8 trucks and cars, this can cruise the way Mr. Chevrolet intended.

Next up will be new thin white tires, windshield (cracked), factory style mirrors, new seat cover, steering wheel and *maybe* a chrome rear bumper. I don't have big plans for it and I don't want to molest it too much because I think it's a neat time capsule that can be enjoyed as-is. How about that "custom comfort & convenience" package two-tone seat cover!?
Attached Images