View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
kamby

1972 GMC Custom Camper Towing Capacity

I've been trying to find out what the towing capacity is on my 1972 GMC C2500 Super Custom, Custom Camper Pickup.

The rear end i found out is the 9 or 10 bolt, not sure if its the right one for the truck or not i know its not original as i found junkyard markings on it
(mileage and some other numbers)

As i dont have an owners manual for it, id like to get the towing capacity. i just cut the old hitch out that was welded to the frame, my draw bar wouldnt fit it, so i assumed it was a homemade class I hitch. I installed a class III on it with 6k ball tow, 8k weight distributing or something like that.

The heaviest item i have is a roughly 2500lb boat/trailer and soon hopefully a 1800lb rated utility trailer about 300lb dry weight. But in the future i may want to tow more weight like a 20+ foot camper or 5th wheel...

Thanks for the help, oh and where can i find an owners manual like the one youd get from the dealer.