View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
kamby

Re: 1972 GMC Custom Camper Towing Capacity

Your step on your bumber sticks out a bit farther than mine. Also my reciveer that was on there stuck out about 1' below the bumper and had a bar that ran to the frame by the differential and two off shoots that ran to the frame by the bumper mounts. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

As far as i can see my bumper is bolted on with 4 bolts each side. then the hitch thing musta been added on later. It was kind of annoying and actually got the truck stuck on the support bar for the old hitch so its a good thing its gone.

Here you can see one of the bolts for the bumper is goes on the side of the frame, I will snag a pic of the old hitch. This shows how my new hitch is mounted, Grade 8 bolt, grade 8 locking flange nut, Simpson Strong Tie Bearing Plate 2"x2", i had the stock hardware for it but felt this setup was a tad strong. Havent torqued it down yet as my torque wrench broke

Last edited by kamby; 04-17-2009 at 11:35 PM.
kamby is offline   Reply With Quote