View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #982
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Thanks TKCR! I haven't totally made my mind up whether or not I am ready to start a "build" on the '71, let alone a build thread. My goal is to go through it mechanically which wouldn't be too exciting. I'll keep track and take pictures so that if it turns into a build, which knowing myself it likely will, I can start a thread.

Right now, it runs well and the transmission was recently rebuilt so it is shifting well. The brakes were redone recently, but something isn't right. Takes too much pedal pressure to get it stopped. Its the same setup as my '78 so I know how it should feel. Lots of strange noises, clunking sounds, etc. during certain maneuvers. Cab has the filler neck for an in-cab tank, but it isn't there. Bed is set up for dual saddle tanks, but they aren't there. Tank is in the rear with an in-bed filler you can barely reach and the fuel gauge doesn't work. That will have to be one of my first areas to address. Steering is pretty loose and the bottom of the engine is covered with half-formed drops of oil. Plenty to keep me busy for several months of weekends! Got a dresser/changing table to complete for my first grandchild (expected in Sept.) first though before I start tackling all this.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote