View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 07:14 AM   #8
texascowboy593

Re: Project "Tracy Lee" 59 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotachevyor2
good deal i was thinking of going that route with the blazer frame since i have a 81 k5 parts truck. have you figured out what changes you will have to do to make that frame work? keep us posted with progress
Well, this weekend my build-up buddy with all the answers is out of town so there will be no work this weekend

Since I have to stay busy, I have been researching options about the frame. The current original frame looks pretty clean. The straight axle is a 3" drop axle and the PO had also re-located the shocks and has parts (some not all) for a pwr steering upgrade. I saw at Brothers a rear traction bar set (RTB5559) that would do well with the 9" out back. I also have that Blazer tank on that other frame pictured above that I'm sure I could install on the old frame (it'll fit ,right?)

Basically Im now leaning towards the original frame vs. the Blazer frame. There have already been mods to the original that I'd hate to just "toss". The Blazer frame will cost much more to clean up with all new hardware etc. I know the ride won't be as smooth w/ the straight axle up front but I'm sure I can live with it for awhile. This will not be a daily driver. If it was, I'd be pushing for the A-arms up front.

What do ya'll think I should do? Im looking to do It right but within a somewhat tight budget in a fairly short amount of time. It won't be rushed but it won't be a backburner project either...Thx for the input!!!
2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote