View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #68
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Here's the latest progress report on the blazer. I went out to my dad's on monday and worked on getting the floor out of the donor cab. That job pretty much took the whole day to acomplish. Here is a picture of the donor cab once the floor had been removed.

A picture of the donor floor once it was removed from the cab. It is by no means in great shape, but the majority of the back half is in ALOT better shape than the blazers floor.

Before I removed any of the flooring on the blazer I braced the front cab area up with square tubing. I figured that since the floor is in poor contition along with one rocker box bieng almost completely gone it was cheap insurance.

The next day I went back out and was finally ready to start replacing some rusty metal. I decided that instead of replacing the entire floor section like I had originally planned to do I really just needed to replace the rear section. I came to this conclusion because the front half of the floorboard was in really good shape. Instead of replacing the rear floor as one piece I replaced it in two pieces. I primarily did this to reduce the amount of good original sheetmetal from bieng replaced. Below is a picture of the tape outlining the rusty area that is to be removed.

The taped of section of donor flooring before cutting it out as a patch panel. (Sorry for the poor quality. The camera got put onto a different setting and I didn't notice it until later)

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote