View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #65
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Hi folks, been a while since I updated. Weekend of July 9th we had family in for the weekend, I got to meet my little 3 year old great niece and great nephew (twins). They were really cool kids and we all had a great time. That did not leave me much time for the project but I did manage to finish cleaning up the intake and valve covers and paint them. Unfortunately my phone deleted all 122 pictures in the "camera" folder along with 5 other folders. I won't go in to how mad I am at Samsung right now but to say the least this was the last straw and I'll never own another one of their unreliable products.

This weekend started early with a bit more recreational mowing but this time I brought out the big guns. You can get a lot of mowing done when you cut a 15 foot wide swath!

Now for a couple more random pictures, somewhat out of order. This weekend was about getting the motor cleaned up and painted along with getting the repainted non-smog motor intake and valve covers installed. Part of that involved stripping the front accessories off of the engine but I needed to do something about the master cylinder first. I had left it connected and just used baling wire to hold it to a piece of box tubing that I had wired down to the engine brackets. I had to come up with something different so I started looking around and found a couple of holes in the frame that I could bolt to, so I drilled a piece of box tubing that I mounted to the frame and the master to that. Now it is up and out of the way. You can kind of see how it was before and a pretty good after shot.
Attached Images