View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #10
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I went and checked out the engines and what not yesterday.

He wasn't lying about what he had, he just didn't store it in the matter I was hoping for.

The heads were off the engines and the intakes and what not were stored in the service body of one of the donor trucks. The donor 94 truck he still has the entire truck, and the supposed 4L80e is still in the truck. He is also missing one injection pump. He showed me the one he has and was telling me it was mechanical but I didn't see any bracketry for the throttle cable so I assume it is actually electro mechanical.

He even had the entire wiring harnesses and even had the complete dash out of one donor.

So if I get these engines and split the cost with my buddy I will have a complete 6.5 TD for around $375, since he wants $750 for it all but I may attempt to negotiate down a bit considering.

It looks like it will need to go to a machine shop to be checked out and possibly either rebuilt or at least torn down and have the normal stuff replaced.

So far it still seems like it is worth it for me though. I have a whole truck to put together without worrying about engines just yet.

Whats the rebuild cost for one of these normally run? I am not sure if I just want machine work done and I assemble it myself or what.

Also, what are some minor goodies I could add while building it back to ensure longevity?
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote