View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
msg

Re: Pearl vs Metallic questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post

You might try a solid white and enhancing it with a measured amount of pearl in your clear. This way you can add what you like. The problem with this method is getting a consistent finish and will be nearly impossible to match later but may give you the results you are looking for.
Thanks for the reply Footstomper, being so new to painting I was hoping to avoid complicating the mix and have a formula that a paint store can accurately reproduce. The color test funds may dry up soon or maybe my wifes patience. So am I right about what I'm understanding about pearls vs metallics? Pearls having the overcast effect where metallics add depth?

On your suggestion to tweak the white, I think that using the White Diamond as the base maybe too light if I am going to add a small amount of tint to the clear coat . Ive added photos that show the base dabbed on and the tinted clear and the tint does as the term implies I guess and darken the white to get the contrast Im after. If I use a little tint in the clear Im thinking it will end up too light against the white.

Anyone ever seen a metallic cream color that might work for this 2 tone Im after?
Attached Images