View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #18
vectorit
What?

Re: 67-72 Suburban OE seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer1968 View Post
Hello. New to the Suburban lifestyle. Picked up a 70 with full width 2nd row. I am deployed and trying to research reupholstery for the 2nd row and am not home to measure anything. Question: Is the reupholstery the same for the 1st row and 2nd row of seats or where can I find the measurements? I have been scouring the 67-72 blogs and parts sites but am unsure. Thanks a bunch.
Welcome to the forum!
I do not have a full width second row to measure for you, maybe someone here who does can do that.
My guess is that the upholstery for the full second is a very close match to the front, but I would pay close attention to the joint where the two benches are joined. Typically the 2 and 3 benches are a little different, but I am not sure how that would affect you using the front cover for a 2nd row bench.
Being that the new covers are pretty spendy, I would do as much research as possible to save you any head aches. Check also with the seller, since I am sure they have fielded the same question before.
If you have an upholstery shop available to do the work, show him the pictures of what you are looking at. They have an experienced eye, and may be able to assist you with your questions.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote