View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Re: 87 V3500 emissions issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone550 View Post
Took my truck to get emission done on it today. They failed me because of the catalytic convertor and also for the AIR injection system. I have all the factory AIR injection stuff on the truck. I recently had all new exhaust put on the truck with the exact same type of convertor that was on the truck. The guy at the exhaust shop said he installed a 3 way convertor. (I guess it's the new style of cats they are producing now) I called and talked to the tech people at the emissions place and he told me I should have 2 cats on my truck. One is called an OCR cat and the other is just an OC cat. They should be inline right before the muffler and should have a feed from the AIR pump right in between the two cats. I have looked and looked all over the internet and can not find a single V or R series truck that had this type of set up. Does anyone have an 87 or 88 R/V series truck with two cats and an AIR feed on it? Im totally frustrated because they won't pass it without the original equipment on it even if the readings are up to par.
I have a V30 back home but I'm away for a bit, if you still need the info when I get home I'll take a picture for ya. Mine is 100% factory original.

What happened out there in Colorado? The nazi environmentalists come out from California and take over?
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote