View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #20
shearjs

Re: Project: '72 Family Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Sounds like a good progressive plan for the Burb. Enjoying it and not down for too long is a great idea. We've been Suburban fans for many years and bought the 72, in part, so the Grandkids would have room to go with us. And we've had great times doing that.

The seats do look pretty nice.
I have no doubt the kids are going to love it. They already ask to ride almost every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
You have about as much room as I have in my garage I couldn't do a 67-72 burb as they are too long for my garage, the 66 barely fits.
If it were any longer, I'd be building a new garage out back. My problem is trying to work around all the bicycles, tricycles, scooters, and powerwheels. My kids could fill up their own garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csrock82 View Post
The back and quarter glass actually come out pretty easy but you definitely need another person to help you. Cut back the rubber from the inside on the sides and bottom then gently bump the bottom /sides with your palm until it starts to move towards the outside at which point you can continue to nudge it out and slightly pull it down. Getting them back in will be more of a pain. Looks like you got a good base to work with as projects go.
I'm happy to hear that the glasses come out easily. I'll certainly take your advice when the time comes to pull them. Thanks!

I have accumulated everything needed for a steering rebuild, new front suspension components, and front brakes. Once I get an evening to get started, the front should go fairly quickly. Updates coming soon!
shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote