View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #189
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks doug, soon was today!

IMG_9327.TRIM by Joe Doh, on Flickr

kind of a funny story, the last TBI 4.3 I did needed a thorough cleaning so I got some berrymans and went to town. I forgot berrymans doesnt evaporate though, at least not very quickly, so I actually had to pull the plugs and crank out all the excess. which was ok because I was putting new plugs in anyway, when I pulled number 3 the carb cleaner was all over the plug and clued me in that I should probably purge the cylinders.

I also installed a new cap and rotor and like I thought they were in poor shape, carbon everywhere and rust on the rotor tip. when I put the rotor on I noticed how easy it was to get it slightly crooked, so I checked the cap and you can see (maybe, the bottom ones in the picture have a groove worn in them) the rotor made lots of collisions with the cap terminals because the PO had it on crooked. 'cest la vie!

IMG_9326 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

found my gauge problem I think

IMG_9304 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

probably from the first start, I had the plug in the gauges upside down for a second. easy enough to fix.

got the bed all welded up too. we arent tilting at perfection, but it looks appropriate to me. this bed I found upside down in the side yard of a 200 year old farm, it has a lot of farmer inspired repairs, including one that I wish I had noticed earlier. the drivers rear corner is outboard of place about an inch. maybe later, I still need to do the rear floor mount and then wood bed.

IMG_9303 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9305 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9306 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9338 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got all the engine wiring tucked away, and went to install the fan. I want to know what kind of clodpated citified moron orders a radiator fan combo (sold together as a combo!) and doesnt check the fit until he is ready to install?

IMG_9334 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9335 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

it doesnt fit. its about an inch too big. probably that inch I saved ordering a 21x19 instead of a 22x19. I feel like a real dumb ****, but in a real "ha ha" kind of way.

should have more to show tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote