View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #33
black_k5

Re: 72 blazer ls swap

OK I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I now have the brakes plumbed in, axles painted, brakes rebuilt and the fuel system roughed in.

Fuel system:
87 blazer tank and sending unit
Acdelco ep381 fuel pump with sock (can be ordered from a 95 s10)
Dorman 3/8" poly lines and connectors
Dorman 5/16" poly lines and connectors
Tanks fuel filter FF-10 (summit TNK-FF-10)
Dorman 3/8 and 5/16 steel line

Like most people have done I used the 87 blazer gas tank with the baffles. I showed in an earlier post how I modified the 87 sending unit by cutting off the flare nut, swagging the adapter lines and brazing them together with 45% silver braze. After some paint I installed the Acdelco fuel pump which fits right in the basket. After much searching at the local auto parts store I found summit was the only place I could find a 3/8" in and out fuel filter and it comes with a mounting bracket. Also since this is the first time I've used the poly fuel lines, I wrapped the lines with braided wire loom to help prevent it from rubbing through. As for installing the ends on the poly lines I did not want to purchase the install tool to do 6 fitting so I used the caulk gun method. Do some experimenting with it as I found it necessary to move the flare block a few times to make one fitting.
Attached Images

1972 K5 4x4
1969 Camaro SS
1987 Grand National
1985 Cutlass
black_k5 is offline   Reply With Quote