View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
Jrainman

Re: FiTech checklist

I am running the fitech system with stock tank and fitech frame mounted pump kit ,witch include filters isolated mounting brakets ,rubber hose ,bulk head fitting for return line and all required hardware . I have had no issues with with this set up other then the pump loudness , the other thing I did was to use a 1972 style fuel sending unit because it has a vent tube built in to it and this gives me good venting as needed in a return line style system

after about 6 months are so the replacement fuel sending unit failed , not registering the proper amount of fuel ,So before I ordered a new sending unit I decided to try and mount a intank fuel pump to the failed sending unit to see if I could get a quieter system ,being I had a old but good stock dodge intank fuel pump laying around I stripped it down just to the pump and fuel sock , the stock pump was made by walbro and I was happy with the results I had no issues and a the pump sound was much more quiet

So as of now I am back with the original fitech frame mounted pump ,I am researching what intank pump to buy and mount it to the 72 style sending unit, and I belive if I do some sound proofing around the stock tank it should be vertualy unheard , the other thing I would like to do is on the supply side of things is go to nico or steel line and also nico or steel on the return line at least back down to the frame just feel more safe going that route. I want to add that this truck is a daily driver and the only reason I went with a efi system is that I live where it gets very cold in the winter and I had starting issues with the carb on mornings that are below 15 degrees I leave for work at 4 am every morning and the last thing I needed was a no start issue and the fitech has been nothing but a pleasure on the mornings of fridged tempetures ,if it was not for the cold start issues I wold still be running my carb.
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote