View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM   #3878
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Is it only my screen that posts up massive images the last week, or is everyone else seeing supersized images too??

When I post a reply, the reply box is minute.

A quote from a Garage Journal member.

Easier to copy and paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Heine View Post
Rian, is that one of those new "Self Driving" carts I've been hearing about?

The table is a great addition to the new deck and looks right at home. I do need one of those engine cranes but it would end up being stored outside. I have filled my 5-pound sack with 10 kilos of you know what.

The toy is a great score. Our daughter-in-law was a little disgusted when Liane gifted our grandchildren with thrift-store finds 20+ years ago. Learned recently that in her new grandmother role, things have changed. She was thrilled to find a high-end car seat for a fraction of retail and couldn't wait to tell us. Liane smiled and said nothing!
Morning Bob,

Those Self Driving carts are very goood at dividing communities.

Table is great, had a friend around to collect my sledge hammer yesterday morning early as she has concrete to break (does not need me) and we had a coffee and chat at the table, it feels really good.

I actually increased the leg height by 30mm as 99% of visitors will be full sized adults, and the patio table it replaced was always a touch low.

Regarding the toy score, I think partly it’s a mindset, and so many people fall foul to advertising, opinions and nonsensical false pride.

How often do kids prefer the box an item comes in, wonder why.....?

Anyway, this girl knows the value of her pounds that she works incredibly hard for, so anyone giving her or her son free £50.00 toy, is putting £50.00 back into the kitty.

I could just imagine what went on inside Liane’s head (well, as a man we never really know, do we?)

Sally has also opted to take the small two seater bench that was on the deck the last three years for her garden. I had inherited it from Mickey next door, and the new one I will be building will be bigger and more robust.

Painted it for her on Monday evening after work.

She was very pleased.

Now to find time to build a bench.

It’s WHEELS DAY on Friday so my time is allocated.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote