View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
Guitar.Slave

Re: Doing a 52"/56" swap, Q's left after a year of research and contemplation.(noob h

Thanks everyone!. great info here, D60 will be justified when the 44 breaks, I'm running a 292 pushed out to a 312 or something like that, We'll see if the torque is enough to break it.

Panhard bar and hydro assist seem like the most important things to add ATM.

So far the roughest I can think I'd want to push it is a trail I managed with 33's, but I've had the steering lock up in flex ( snapped a front leaf, replace with sdtrucksprings.com spring and just two months ago i realized this lock was from having only a half inch of clearance from the tie rod... another push for 52's), had a 'V' between boulders and came within a half inch of the frame.

Now of course there's the "watch this" and "let's see" occasions and the wheelinbug always wants you to go further. and the times when things change, trees fall, rocks slide, mudhole is deeper than expected when the next step up in upgrades would have made for piece of mind or avoided the break.

BooneDogs72: thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got planned and have already detroit locked eaton ho72, "hd", if you still got them in a while when either the bug makes me itch or when i break something, I'll be PM'ing you.
Guitar.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote