View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Gator Bait

Old geezer from FL

Hi all, just wanted to let you know you've got an old geezer on the board now who is also an older chevy truck owner wantabe. I'm looking for an older half ton 2wd Chevy/GMC and joined here so I can read up, search for info and ask questions as they come up. My first truck (in the 70's) was a 51 Chevy 3100, and my last truck was a 90 GMC half ton which I had for over 10 years until about 2002. Right now I'm leaning towards a 70-72 C10. I'm not sure what and when certain features occured, nor what to avoid. For example when did front disc brakes become available? One truck I am looking at (1971) has the underside of the hood painted black while the top side is red. I thought this was incorrect and could mean the hood has been replaced because of an accident, but found out from this site that it came that way back then. Go figure. I acually would like to have an early 50's truck but the prices have went up so much that my pockets can't handle it.

Thats about it for now. I hope to find my truck soon and then be a regular on the board. Till then, keep it between the lines.
Gator Bait is offline   Reply With Quote