View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
Justin G

Re: Project: Forged K5 - 1972 Blazer Build

Swyfor5 - Thanks for asking......Just collecting parts and fixing a couple things I broke on the first 2 attempts at a maiden voyage with the Blazer.

Attempt 1 - Needed to make a trip to the gas station (which is less than a mile down the road)......I made it about an 1/4 of a mile down the road & broke the rear ujoint. Great thing about a 4x4......it easily converts to a FWD! I removed the rear drive shaft on the side of the road and took it back home. Picked up some new u-joints and strap kit.....just need to bolt my drive shaft back in, but attempt #2 brought on more problems to fix.

Attempt 2 - Tried to make another run to the gas station Blazer died on me about 1/8th of a mile from my driveway. Luckily my wife and a friend who happened to be driving by helped me push it back into the driveway. Although frustrating it was quite funny. After putting a few gallons in the tank I couldn't get it to fire. It sat at the corner of my driveway in the yard for a day until my brother in law helped me tow it back to the shop.

I heard through the same friend that helped push it back to the yard that one of my neighbors thought it was for sale and stopped by twice to look at it. Haha.

After many attempts to get it started after running it out of gas (I thought), I found my my carb was spitting fuel everywhere and I decided to have my quadrajet rebuilt and I'm still waiting to get it back from the local guy I used. I looked into other purchasing other carbs like the Holley Truck Avenger or Edelbrock AVS Off-Road, but decided since the carb setup and 350 were just temporary until the LS swap, I wouldn't spend any extra $$$ on new parts. We'll see how the rebuilt Quadrajet works.....

I did pick up some new front seats.....I'll post some updated pics this weekend when I see how much work it is going to take to install them. (Some fab work will be required!)
Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote