View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 03:52 AM   #3
Crash0637

Re: Ryans Budget 58 Build

I spent a few sessions in the garage with a wire wheel on a grinder taking off many layers of paint to make all of my rust discovery's. I think it has had somewhere in the ballpark of 5 paint jobs over the years. With all the paint and bondo work sitting in Florida's damp climate outside has not done the truck much help. The last owner had it sitting in a field for over 15 years before I got it. He claimed he never even drove it.

While I am under no illusion when I purchased it that it needed a ton of work I didn't expect there to be as much rust as I found. I guess all of the layers of paint had me fooled. In the beginning I thought new floor, steps, cab corners and a few other patches I would be in good shape. The cab was just toasted. upper and lower cowls were trashed, the a pillars needed a ton of work, upper door jambs looked great until I ground out a gallon of filler from each one exposing giant holes! The whole cowl on the drivers side would shift when the door was being opened.

The carnage:

Crash0637 is offline   Reply With Quote