View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #221
hewittca

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

I knocked out the passenger side last night, and overall I'm pretty happy with how both sides turned out. After rolling it out into the sun there are still a few small adjustments I want to do to the finish, but it's basically done. I also changed my process slightly. I found it was to hard to bring the sheen up to where it matches from a coarser finish, but much easier to knock it down from a finer finish. So after 2000 grit wet, I polished the paint with compound and a wool wheel. Then, I knocked the shine off with steel wool. This gives a closer match.

I also tried to make it look a little more authentic by replicating the scratch down the side of the bed. Someone ran into something and left a scratch down most of the passenger side, so I took a screw driver to the paint and extended the scratch down the bedside like it was originally.

I think that's enough updates on the bedsides for now! My next project is spindles and blocks but that will be on hold for a while. In the meantime, I plan to just drive the truck and use it to make sure everything is mechanically sound after all the work I did to it these past two months. That's it for now.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote