View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
Malibu Monte

Re: Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

The last post for today will be future plans. I have lots of sheet metal for the truck, but I have always avoided replacing any because I thought was cab was too rough to fix. After seeing some of the cabs fixed on here I have decided that mine isn't that bad after all. I will start probably next spring/summer with patching up the cab, replacing the doors and fenders with some decent ones I have stashed. I will probably just put all of that back in flat black to avoid the expense of good paint for the time being.

The other plan that I have considered it finding a nice C10 or C20 LWB with very little rust and nice paint and swapping the good body onto my frame. I have more recently been leaning away from that due to the high cost of good trucks and my poor nature.

Long-term paint plans have changed over the years. I had debated Cheyenne style two-tone and trim in olive/white, hugger orange/white, or bronze and white, but most recently have been considering just putting it back to original. Who knows what I will decide to do when the time comes? For now I am enjoying still using the truck and the semi-gloss black suits me for that.
Attached Images