View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #287
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjammoto View Post
I may have missed it, but did you guys clearance the frame rails for the truck manifolds? I saw where you had to clearance the block for the xmember and I'm just gonna nip that one in the bud JIC. Could be different for a suburban, but not wanting to find out after the fact!

BTW, Like many, I've been following Larry's builds from expeditionportal and here. Beautiful workmanship and attention to detail.
No way! These old frames are flimsy enough as it is. Cutting frames for late model engine swaps to make room for A/C compressors or exhaust manifolds is strictly against my religion. Nothing irks me more than seeing that hack work documented in other peoples build threads.

Actually, on Rob’s K5 the manifolds cleared the frame just fine with room to spare for when the exhaust shop made the exhaust pipes. I really had my doubts but Rob picked the right manifolds to make it all work without cutting anything. This was my first Gen III "LS" swap as everything else I have done have always been big blocks (mainly 454's and 8.1L's).

Thanks for the kind words!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote