View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
RADustin

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

This post should get this thread up to current. My end of year goal last year was to have the bed in primer. I used a used floor and front bulkhead with new LMC bedsides.

I want dual tanks, so I had to add the fuel filler to the bedside, it was fully tac'd before being ground smooth front and back-

The bedside fitment was terrible. I had to come along things into place to get a decent gap from the main bodyline down. Then cut off the flange on the upper tailgate gaps on both bedsides and remake to fit.

taillights didn't fit in their holes, had to cut the little tab loose and move it-

gap sucked-

front bulkhead had broken threaded tabs so I made some new ones-

but I did get the bed and tailgate final primed-

I finished designing the rear suspension. Using the 2014 AAM axle, Fox 2.5 shocks and firestone air springs. Late model Dodge 2500 application sway bar.

cleaned rear axle for new perches-

new perches cut on cnc plasma from 6x3x3/8" tubing. heavy stuff..

and stuck to axle-

modified B&W hitch from LML truck to work. Was too wide, u bolt spacing off from bed floor, and changed bolt pattern.

rear fox shocks-

started on rear gooseneck crossmembers. 2x3x3/16". slugged holes.

picked up Ford front axle-

finally, I deleted the EGR in the passenger up-pipe.

I'm currently waiting for the next round of laser cut parts for the rear to show up. Then fabrication part 3 will begin and last until the axles are under the frame and it's basically a roller. Then more design work on steering, front coilover buckets..etc.

Last edited by RADustin; 08-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.
RADustin is offline   Reply With Quote