View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #136
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

Current plan is grille white. In fact, I plan on running the 67-68 trim that Mar-K just came out with that is specifically for the Blazer. Since the Blazer wasnt made until '69, the trim isn't available through all parts outlets, so it pricy... but very cool.

Of course, now that I've swapped the clip, I wish I'd just held out and painted it right with the base coat/ clear in the correct color, so more body work may be coming.

The Blazer hasn't seen much action. I cant say I am losing interest. In fact, I kinda laugh at myself sometimes because I know what I want to buy for it, I just have to delay it for a bit. 2013 was an interesting year that I hope to forget soon. We truly had a stressful year. The economy cost me the 'Burb, but it taught me a lot. I changed our strategies and landed a couple additional contracts in addition to a new job altogether. I am probably at the best position I've been financially in a long time. I can see the light at the end of the economic downturn. So I'd love to dig into it more, but I still need to balance the hole I had dug myself from trying to build a new start up company in a s**t economy. Our business is really starting to grow and between NASCAR and a new construction client, we are looking at doing more business in January and February than we did in the entire year of 2013. Which is huge. And the new growth has us looking at a couple new buildings that average around 8x larger than our current office.

So, here is "Project S" as it sits now. (well... currently covered up) The clip is on, and in primer. Still needs a little body work. I'd like to replace the fenders all together but a good body man could save them. I'll need a new bumper and a bunch of other odds and ends (which sucks because I had a brand new bumper, park lights, headlight bezels for the '72 clip) C'est la vie.

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote