Thread: 47-59 Did I get bad deal?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 01:41 PM   #32
mr48chev

Re: Did I get bad deal?

Gotta have a wife that can see the vision and not fuss much about a bunch of parts sitting around while you sort them out and sell what you don't need to pay for what you need.

The thing with that batch of TF parts is that you do have to deal with them and be willing and able to deal them after you sort out the prime pieces for your build. That most likely means loading up a buunch of pieces and hauling them up and down the highway to swapmeets. Hauling them to Portland in April, Pomona on Fathers day weekend and a few more. Plaster So Cal with Fb and craigslist adds that you will be at the LA roadsters swapmeet on Father's day weekend with photos of what you are taking and you should sell a bunch of it at your price. It does take work though.
Just thinking that my wife would be going along, sitting in her lawn chair under the dining canopy drinking her tea or Dr Pepper and visiting and selling parts as she has done in the past.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote