View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #198
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

Ok, so i have some picture catch up to do. Lets jump right in.

Last weekend Bob68327 was able to make it over and weld in my front cross member. While he was over he also replaced my garage breakers with 20amp breakers cause he didn't like the welder popin the breaker every 15 seconds. It was something on my list, but I'm not a fan of sticking my fingers in the breaker box.

anyways, the cross member is welded in real good now and will probably out live the rest of the truck. Here's an action shot i got of bob:

After he took off that day, i got to painting my front suspension parts. Lots of taping and cutting, but in the end they came out pretty good.

While those were drying i broke out the can of POR15 and got the front frame and firewall painted up. I put two coats on since it wasn't real rusty and I'm very happy with how it turned out. after driving it a bit the shine will go away and will be more like a normal frame paint.

So the first part of this week was slow due to parts not getting here as expected. I could only do one side of the front brakes, but i got that all buttoned up tonight. Just need to tighten down the ball joints and control arms and it'll be done. I want to wait until i get the other side done before i do that. Parts should be here tomorrow, so that should get done then.

deflated

inflated

So tonight we decided to drag the bed in and figure out where the rear axle should go. I thought about also grabbing the front clip for this shot, but it wasn't worth the effort. to much real work to do to be dicking around.

Prior to getting the bed on we had placed the axle where it was prior to taking off the bed. from one of the frame holes it sat 12.5" back. after doing some measuring and eyeballing we hung a line and decided to move the axle back .5" at ride height. I expect that when aired out, we'll be about .25" forward of where it sits at ride height. btw, the string in the shot is at the measured center of the wheel well. due to the forward radius of the fender, I don't think it wold look right if the wheel was dead center.

So then we pulled the bed and started mocking up the step notches. Nothing to complex here, so i'll just show the shots
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote