View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
shaunatk

Re: My Project: 46 GMC on S10 Chassis with LSx Engine

Time to test fit the LSx

Uh oh, truck manifolds aren't going to work. Truck oil pan is waaaay too low. A/C compressor (I don't have one now, but I will eventually) is going to be a major problem.

Not to mention, the way this thing mounts is completely different than the SBC. We knew it would be, but when we put this in between the frame rails, we were really scratching our heads.

We designed a mount for the passenger side that we are having fabricated, and if it works out we'll be using a similar design on the other side.

In the mean time, I am trying to modify my harness myself, which is something I've never done before.

I've been asked before why I don't use S10 V8 swap products, and the reason is because the engine sits further back in my truck than on an S10.

My long term goal for this truck is to have a show quality truck, with all of the modern ammenities. I want to be able to park next to a friend of mines truck at a car show, and not be completely outclassed.

(his is a 53 on an S-10 chassis)

I do plan on going about it a different way though. I want to get my truck running and driveable within the next 6 months, because with my first child on the way I am going to be sidetracked. If I can get in the truck and drive it around when I want to, the urge to give up will be lessened. So phase one of the build consists of getting it mounted, throwing together an interior, doing rough body work and getting it in primer, and start driving it. And then begin upgrading the truck in phases.

I do have 2" beltech lowering springs, 2" beltech drop spindles, 2" de-arched leaf springs, and 2" lowering blocks waiting for installation, so this truck should be sitting pretty low. 20"x12" wheels in the back, and 20" x 8" in the front are what I am planning.

Lots of work to be done though. And school starting again in 2 weeks. And of course, the baby in 4 months. Plus a demanding full time job...
shaunatk is offline   Reply With Quote