View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
mattfranklin

Re: PROJECT: How would a Chevrolet dealer build a shop truck in the early 1970s?

Since the choke conversion hit a dead end I shifted to the steering wheel downgrade. The PO had put in a 13" wheel. It looked pretty good, but this is a truck. With wide tires. That sometimes (always) lose air. And no power steering. I found one on eBay a couple of weeks ago and won it for around $140. Pretty sure it's a reproduction. It's in perfect shape and has no GM part numbers. I would have preferred a real stock one in this shape and price, but that's probably impossible. Anyway, I'm happy with what I got.

It needed doing because my plan is to restore it in a stock direction, except for the LT-1 motor and wheels/tires, so this was an obvious step toward that eventual goal. My memory is just not that great anymore to remember what got modified and which spec I'm following. Stock is stock and easy to remember -- and easier to find proper parts for.
Attached Images

Last edited by mattfranklin; 11-30-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Trying to make my signature show up.
mattfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote