Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #25
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: pdx-sanity66

Thanks for starting the build thread. What a great looking original. It must have been fate that put it right in front of you like that. Nice to see so much progress in spite of everything that gets in the way. It’s good you had a plan. It’s easy to tear down too much all at once and then become completely overwhelmed when it sits in pieces for too long at a time.

A minor suggestion, you might want to check the positioning of your rear shocks. Unless they were designed to be installed this way, they may be upside down which will negate their effectiveness. In the old days before gas shocks, we used to “bleed” shocks before installing by turning them upside down and cycling the shock, then turning them over and doing it again several times until they became really stiff. In the upside down stroke the internal valves were designed to have almost no resistance at all. Although I suppose shock design could have changed since then.

Are you going to keep the original engine and transmission or make any modifications? And congratulations on the new job! Again thanks for sharing the pictures and the history of your truck. I’m sure there are more than a few of us that find working on these things therapeutic.