View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #3
MASTERBrian

Re: Reduced Engine Power Mode on '03 Burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhtrd71 View Post
Hey, sounds like a real pain. I don't think you have a bad throttle body. A delco throttle body is a delco throttle body. They are quite reliable and I would bet your original one is still good. At the dealership 99% of throttle codes were caused by wiring issues. I would order a new connector and pigtail. You have to wire them in right though. Use as much length of the new wires as possible and cut back as far into the original wires as you can. Don't make the new harness any longer than stock. Also make sure all of your wires are the same length. You can't have one longer than the rest. Make sure your soldering is really good and connections are tight. Don't reuse the same connector because it has been disconnected to many times and terminal tension is prolly week. Also some terminal fretting has probably already started. Good luck.
The pigtail was replaced, but I did leave the wires longer than factory. I've thought about shortening them, if you think that might help, I'll do sooner than later. Everything was the same length, even though longer.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote