View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
cleszkie

Re: Need Help: Wiring stock battery gauge to one wire alternator.

In case anyone is interested, I have gotten my alt gauge to function with my one-wire alternator. Attached is the modified wiring diagram (thanks Vetvett for the original diagram) . Note that I have removed all of the original wiring associated with the external voltage regulator, and the original three-wire set-up. I ran a Red 4 ga wire directly from the alternator to the battery. I did leave the original Red 12 ga wire from the fender junction block to the firewall harness to provide power to the cab wiring harness. I basically just removed the Black/White 18 ga wire from the original wiring junction and ran it directly to the alternator. This way, the Alt gauge gets the battery voltage reading from the Black 18 ga wire on one side, and the alternator voltage reading from the Black/White 18 ga wire on the other side. The Alt gauge now registers the relative difference in voltages with the needle slightly to the charge side when the truck is running.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Scanned from a Xerox Multifunction Devic.pdf (78.7 KB, 125 views)
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote