Thread: 400/406 Builds
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #58
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 400/406 Builds

Dang,, had a post all ready and lost it.. Will start with a couple of my personal 434's
Adding all these links instead of pictures is a PITA but some of the pictures are pretty large,, sorry

Oh well. this one may be a bit over the top for some, but it does get street driven occasionally. Requires 100 octane on the street and reducing timing to 30° if your not beating on it..., and 108+ at the track and back to 35°.

The Devils motor....

Dart Little M block, zero decked 4.165 bore
Eagle 4" stroke forged crank (had to be turned 10/10 to get the journals sized right, re-nitride hardened and straightened)
Originally Lunati ProMod rods, but after an issue and the Lunati discontinuing the LAD-1 rods, now Olivers 6" rods
Pistons are a shelf stock JE 8cc dome (=13.5:1)
neutral balance ATI SuperDamper / ATI Flexplate and assembly internally balanced.
Oiling system is a bare bones Moroso pump, Milidon scraper tray and 8 qt pan.
cam is Crower E42834 264°/276° @ 0.050, .679/.677 lift
box stock AFR Race Ready 220 heads flat milled to 70cc, Crower shaft rocker system for the AFR heads
Holley ProRam Tunnelram with a pair of ProForm 750 carbs and Enderele linkage (took some major work getting them squared away and pulling 12.8 on the dyno. Out of the box there pig fat and air bleeds are all screwed up) We fought to get the sideways mounted carbs to even out AF from side to side but it would just get crazy if we tried to lean the backs out. (in hindsight,, should have just bit the bullet and had Patrick build me a pair and been done with it)
Custom 1-7/8" headers to fit the 66 chassis are a long tube roadster style header. I run them with short 2 chamber 3" mufflers. Just quiet enough on the street to not get too much jandairn attention if you keep your foot out of it.
A locked out MSD ProBillit slip collar distributor and digital 6 ignition

She made good torque at 550+ from the hit all the way to the HP peak and peaking HP at 666 @ the typical SBC 6400

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote