Thread: 47-55.1 1948 1 1/2 Ton Loadmaster
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #43
Root2812

Re: 1948 1 1/2 Ton Loadmaster

Sounds like what I had to deal with a few weeks ago. The fuel in my tank was lime green.... It was nasty. I pulled the tank and just hosed it out.... I know water is bad but I left it out on the garage floor to dry over night. After I installed the tank and filled it up some I had nice clean fuel coming out of the fitting where the line leaves the tank. There was still alot of cranking and no fire up so I went to the fuel pump. I'll bet you that your sediment bowl is plugged up. Open it up and clean it out. You will probably have to make a new gasket, I did. Make sure you shut the gas off at the tank before you pull the sediment bowl otherwise fuel will spill out. After its all together turn the fuel back on and the bowl will fill. Its glass so you can see it fill. After that I still wasn't getting the engine to fire so I pulled the line at the carb and there was fuel there. I then cleaned the carb by spraying carb cleaner in it and tapped on it with a wrench while someone cranked it over and that dislodged any left over gunk. Fired right up when the choke was on full.

Anyway thats the story of my similar experience with my 1950 216ci. Good luck
Root2812 is offline   Reply With Quote