View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #1
Moose62

1988 C70 "Big Red" Fire Truck Toy Hauler

I bought a 1988 C70 fire truck from my home town fire dept. Has a Detroit diesel, automatic, 13k miles. Plan is to ditch the water tank and pump, lower the bed rails some, create a bed floor and side access door, and just make it a medium duty truck for hauling sxs, dirt bikes, and occasional parades.

I'm going to need some help with a few items, I've owned a nice C10 and familiar with half tons but not the bigger trucks.

1. I want to lose the dayton hubs and use bud or pilot hubs and switch to a 10 lug so I can run a super single 335/80/20 and military style rim to look more like a modern brush truck setup. Don't know where to start with the new hubs.

2. I want to put carpet in the truck as the interior is like new and I want it a little nicer inside. The floor pan and seat from look like that from the 67-72 era. Floor pan, seat frame, and door sills, looks just like the earlier era trucks, def not the 73-87 floor pan. Can anyone confirm that they might have been using the earlier floor pan in these trucks in 1988?
Moose62 is offline   Reply With Quote