View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:32 AM   #19
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Another wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB242 View Post
Sorry Vette. I'm working on my 69 Chevy c10. I was trying to keep from starting another thread. Yes that is my headlight switch. I had everything temporarily hooked up and working other than the alternator wire I was asking about earlier. So I started removing all the extra wire from the new fuse box and soldering all my connections. I have front and rear marker light now and head lights. But no blinkers from or rear. I'm thinking the purple blinker feed needs to go the light blue dark blue and rear blinker feeds and one of the brown feeds off headlight switch to purple wire into steering column?
Ah makes more sense now.Here's the routing.

The blinker wire comes off the fuse panel and runs to the steering column connector. It should have power with the key on.
The hazards are powered by a brown wire from the fuse panel from the hazard flasher and should have power all the time. It is next to the purple wire in the connector. You didn't ask about that but it may help with the routing.

The brown feed off the headlight switch goes to the inside of the firewall block and exits in the engine bay as a dual purple wire for the front parking lights and the marker lights are connected to those.

Here's the wiring diagram to illustrate.
The half moon connector on the upper right shows the turn signal wiring with the light and dark blue wires and the purple and brown flasher power. Follow the purple and brown back to the fuse panel. On the lower right edge you'll see the brown wires from the headlight switch. They match the brown wires in the second diagram which shows their path from the headlight switch. If we could put the two diagrams side to side it would be easier to see.

Name:  Cab-1web 1.JPG
Views: 1066
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  Cab-2-web.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  104.5 KB

Notice the red wire in the middle on the left edge. It is the power wire for the headlights and goes to the headlight switch.

The brown wire just above it (20 gauge) is the alternator charging light wire which goes to the inside of the firewall block Gauge dashes don't have this wire.
The brown wire just above it is the one that goes to the firewall block and exits in the engine bay as the two purple wires. See the next diagram.

Name:  HEI and stock wiring.1.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  58.9 KB

HTH VV

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote